Norfolk Wedding Venues
The Boathouse at Ormesby in Norfolk is a stunning venue and has some really amazing features that set it out from the crowd.
As a Norfolk wedding photographer I always love venues that have a certain je ne sais quoi, and this really does.
I am lucky enough to shoot at the Boathouse about 3 - 4 times a year and always enjoy the experience.
1. Set in the most amazing and picturesque surroundings anybody could wish for, on the Norfolk Broads.
2. An all in one venue so no need to rush from place to place.
3. The Al fresco appeal with the ceremony taking place outside in the Wedding Arbour .
4. Beautiful and contemporary décor from the building to the finer details.
5. The boat ride to your wedding and after for photos.
The first thing about the venue when visiting is the fact that it is set right next to the beautiful waterside creating a picturesque setting for your wedding day. The contemporary building sits perfectly in this magical Waterland.
My day normally starts at 10.30am with the bridal preparations.
At the Boathouse this often takes place in the Crows Nest, a luxury 2-floor suite.
It is perfect to relax and get ready in, with space for all your bridesmaids.
You are able to arrive in style – in the form of the lovely boat launch “Gentlemen Jim”. You will then cruise down the broad towards the Boathouse ready to make your grand entrance.
The long jetty gives you an extra long entrance, then down the red carpet and towards your family, friends and of course nervous groom.
The Jetty is also perfect for the sunset shots in the evening and is possibly the most magical shot from you big day.
The wedding breakfast takes place in the light and airy Breakfast Room and continues with the stunning views across the enchanting Ormesby Broad.
There is a separate area for the evening for the cutting of the cake and for the first dance that leads out onto the decking and finishes the day perfectly.
I have to say that I have been very lucky and every wedding that I have shot at the Boathouse has been fantastic with blue and sunny skies above.
1. The amazing picturesque Broad and photos on the jetty with the sunset in the background.
2. The large circular window inside the Ceremony Room
3. The Wedding Arbour – perfect for the ceremony and evening shots
4. On board the launch ‘Gentlemen Jim’ for some romantic shots around the broad.
5. In the gardens by the lodges surrounded by fens and beautiful green foliage.
As you can probably tell I am a big fan of The Boathouse in Norfolk.
To find out more about The Boathouse visit their website at
If you are visiting The Boathouse as a choice for your wedding venue then feel free to drop into my studio just 10 minutes away on the Norfolk Broad’s at Potter Heigham. You can view examples of weddings I have photographed at The Boathouse and discuss your wedding photography.
Thanks for reading and I hope that this helps.
Matt – I Do Photography
Norfolk Wedding photographer
Norwich Wedding photographer
Wedding Photography at The Boathouse, Ormesby, Norfolk